Welcome to this website presenting the CNRS/INSU/LEFE IMAGO conference, held in Plouzané (France, 3rd-5th May 2017)
This conference was a unique opportunity to discuss of the AMOC dynamics in the past, present and future. It has covered different aspects of the state-of-the-art knowledge concerning this circulation, based on in situ observations, paleoclimatic reconstructions, theoritical and numerical modelling.
It was funded by CNRS/INSU LEFE-IMAGO programme.
It was divided into 5 main sessions
- Instrumental observations of the AMOC
- Paleo-climatic reconstructions of the AMOC
- Drivers of the AMOC: Theoretical approaches
- Lessons from numerical modelling of the ocean and climate for the AMOC dynamics
- Climatic impact and implications of AMOC variations
The list of presentations given in pdf format is available here . The report from the conference is available here (in French!) and the list of participants here Here is the flyer in png (4.4 Mo) or pdf (75. 8 Mo) (A4 format) for the event, do not hesitate to print it and stick it in your lab.